Instruction: In a Composer page answer the following questions (pages 7-12).
Define Object, Properties, Method, and Handling Events.
1. 1. A value is a piece of information.
2. A word (or words) enclosed in quotes is a string value.
3. A word (or words) is a value.
4. Variables contain values.
5. Circle the value part of the following statement: myName = “Steve”
6. Circle the variable(s) part(s) of the following assignment statement: x = x + 1
7. Which of the following can be a variable: doghouse, DogHouse, dog House, dogHouse
8. Which of the following can be a variable: javaClass, sum, Math, Date, document, pepsi
10. What does the following operator do to the values of the variables? X * Y Multiply X by Y for the result XY
11. If x is 5, “y=x- -” results in y set to 5 and x set to 4.
12. If “cat” = 1, then the “cat” + 5 results in: “cat5” or 6.
13. What is assigning a variable? Putting a value into a variable.
14. Is the assignment x/y means x = x %y ? No. x/y divides x by y. x%y returns the modulus of x and y as the new value of x.
15. What does the assignment x* =2 mean? x = x * 2
16. What does the following comparison statement indicates? todayDate = = “Tuesday” Returns true if todayDate is equalivent to "Tuesday"
Page maintained by Beth Zuber